Country Music is What I Love


A definite favorite: Blake Shelton! Bring it!! 
Some posts just have to be about FUN... this is one of them. I love music. I love country music. I wasn't a fan of country music until the early 90's and then I just fell in love with it... hard. Maybe it's the hot male country singers that draw you in to their web like moths are drawn to a flame. Maybe it's the gorgeous female singers who sing like angels or who rock it like Rock Stars. Maybe it's the fact that you can dance your a$$ off to country music and I do love to dance! There are also some very good slow dancing songs in country music--really good ones. Whatever got me back in the 90's, still has me today, and even more so. Country music has changed drastically since the "way back days" and truthfully, that's probably one of the biggest reasons I like it so much. The old country music lovers would totally disagree with that statement, but the new country music lovers are loving the change.

Once I got hooked on the music, I started going to country music concerts. I love going to concerts especially the ones in the outdoor arenas. Even though the temperature, the air can be hot as the hinges of hell, they are so much fun. The first country concert I ever attended was Johnny Cash at the Asheville Civic Center when I was but a very young teenager. The love of country didn't catch on at that time, but it was cool getting to see Johnny and June Cash!  The next more meaningful country concert I attended was Garth Brooks and Tricia Yearwood. I believe that was 1998. It was an incredible show. In fact, it is still in my Top 3 of Best Concerts Ever! I have a little sidekick that goes with me to nearly all of these concerts. Her name is Katelyn and she is my daughter. I got her hooked on country as well. When I went to the Garth concert, she was only 8 years old, and I did not take her with me. To this day, she hasn't forgiven me and tells me repeatedly that I owe her a ticket to Garth if he ever comes "this way again." I hear he is starting back on tour very soon... hmmmm, could be that she gets her wish!  :o)

Katelyn and I have the best time doing the concert thing. It is something we can share and enjoy together. The first concert I took her to was Shania Twain in Charlotte. Since then we have seen numerous country artists and groups... Rascal Flatts (several times), Keith Urban (several times), Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Sugarland, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean (before he became really famous), Colt Ford, Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert, Reba, Martina, Sara Evans, LeAnn Rimes, Zac Brown Band (way before they hit it big), Brooks and Dunn, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker, The Band Perry, Blake Shelton... one of our more fun concerts was seeing Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney together in Maryland at FedEx Field summer of 2012! We dance, we sing, we sweat, we sway, we make fun of people, get disgusted by people, and we make memories. It's just Good Stuff and my Girl isn't embarrassed to go with her mother! That's the best part of the whole thing!

The Friday of Labor Day weekend, some friends and I drove to Charlotte to see Blake Shelton and The Band Perry. His tour is called, "Ten Times Crazier"... and it is a fantastic show. We left immediately after work. Katelyn couldn't go on this adventure b/c she was in Seattle being a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding. So it was me, Brown, Logan and my friend, Joyce, who was meeting us there. We had a blast! I don't think I've ever been as hot at a concert as I was at this one! (I probably have but I only remember the "last one" being the hottest!)
The Band Perry was awesome!!! (sorry about the pic quality)
Blake Shelton

This is the reason we about melted! Soooo many people! And the fact that there was NO breeze! 
This is always a very cool sight to see...very pretty.
Encore performance of "Footloose"... loved it!
Concert fun. We had a blast! We didn't get home until 2:00am, but it was another adventure with great friends and making memories! Life! Live it and don't worry about what time you get home! :)

Can't wait for the next one!
D~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"O, God, Thy Sea is so great and my boat is so small"

Another Would Have Been Anniversary

How Did You?